Rotated coins in rolls

NailGun

Dec 21, 2009
Thanks to the inspiration of the sticky at the top of this forum, I did some coin roll hunting this weekend. I picked up a few rolls of halves at the bank, and went through the change in a big change jar I had. I didn't find any silver. I did find a couple of quarters that were very slightly rotated, probably 5-10 degrees. Are these considered rotations, and are they worth anything?

Upvote 0

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
If they are rotated state quarters, than they might be worth a little over face value. The more the rotation, the more the value. It will be worth less if its not a state quarter though.

OP
OP
N

NailGun

Dec 21, 2009
Coins4Cheese said:
If they are rotated state quarters, than they might be worth a little over face value. The more the rotation, the more the value. It will be worth less if its not a state quarter though.

They are not state quarters, so I'll throw them back into the return pile. Thanks!

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
NailGun said:
Coins4Cheese said:

They are not state quarters, so I'll throw them back into the return pile. Thanks!

Wait! Even if they're not, they might command a SLIGHT premium. I'll hold on to them nevertheless.

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the mint control thing passes anything under15% its on the us mint website no rotation for premium

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread