Just a question to all the vets

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I seen a lot of your 2009 numbers, and I almost choked. I know its very wise to buy halves, but how many do you buy on average? Are you doing this everyday? It may be a touchy subject to some. If you do not wish to answer I understand. I dont know if it is just me, but I dont think I can bring myself to sell them. I'm more of a hoarder type. I suppose I would, but it will be the last resort type thing. I've already have the bug, I've already rounded up about $800 to spend. I almost couldn't sleep last night because I wanted to get to the bank, but sad when they only had 12.50 in halves.

Happy Hunting

Saint Nicholas

HOHOHO! :hello:

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
nick.foltz said:
I seen a lot of your 2009 numbers, and I almost choked. I know its very wise to buy halves, but how many do you buy on average? Are you doing this everyday? It may be a touchy subject to some. If you do not wish to answer I understand. I dont know if it is just me, but I dont think I can bring myself to sell them. I'm more of a hoarder type. I suppose I would, but it will be the last resort type thing. I've already have the bug, I've already rounded up about $800 to spend. I almost couldn't sleep last night because I wanted to get to the bank, but sad when they only had 12.50 in halves.

Happy Hunting

Saint Nicholas

HOHOHO! :hello:
It varies but if you average it out it is probably about 8-10 a week and no they all come from 2 banks which happen to deliver on 2sday; some weeks it reaches 20, others noe or just a few due to logistical issues like cash flow.

What'd you almost choke on :dontknow: ?

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I almost choked when I seen peoples total silver counts for 2009. I know its hard work, but it can be very rewarding.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I generally search 10 boxes a week. That's just the halves, not including the other denominations.
HH
Gilbert

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy whatever I can in rolls or loose from banks if I have time. Lately, I haven't even been able to get to banks because I've been working too much. I simply don't have time to order boxes like some of the lucky folks here. Whenever I go into a bank however, I buy all that they have. I have accounts at several banks. I went to 1 bank today to dump, and then went to 3 others to buy. All 3 had a total of zero halves. I then went to another bank to deposit a check and some cash into my most active checking and savings accounts, and bought 18 dollars worth of skunk. When it comes to buying boxes, I like nickels. The half boxes just weren't worth my time and effort. I think my best box yielded 4 or 5 silvers. I may give them another try soon.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
$800 will get you started.
If you get a pickup and dump bank circuit set up, you may find $3000 more managable for CRH mad money.
Never dump where you pick up!!!

Good Luck!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Probly another 40 hour work week for ME, doesn't pay as good but more fun than working at McDonalds for a second job. HH Mark

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
2 boxes a week - $1,000
It's our emergency money, so it always stays liquid (FRN's or Clad) and is always on hand.
Should we need it, I'd have to give up the hobby for a couple months.

$800 works, that way you can do a box a week and still have $300 for customer rolls as they come available. With 2 boxes a week, I have to avoid the customer rolls unless the delivery is missed. I miss hunting rolls, but it's tough on the wallet to keep filling the gas tank.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Doing 2 too 4 boxes a day, depending on the cash flow, at the end of the month with around $2k you will have searched around 60 boxes of halves. Your bound to find something.

Its all about setting up your system and getting standing orders in place and having a dump source.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread