Did some hunting yesterday

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I went to a few banks yesterday. Stopped in to one and dumped my load off. Then a little further down stopped at another and picked up a box of dimes. I asked if they had any halves and they said no. So I opened them in the parking lot half of them where clear wrapped and they others were customer wrapped. I was excited because some of the costumer wrapped ones were the old school green ones. NOTHIN. Went to two different banks no halves. Stopped into the third bank and asked and they said yes. So I purchased 200 dollars worth and the teller started giving me some weird signals. They were all already gone through you could just tell. So went back to the bank and dumped everything off. On the way back home I have two banks in my town. One I purchased dimes and they thought I was insane. Went to the other bank and bought a box of nickels. I'm gonna get a camera soon, someone stole it on Halloween night. But I did find

2 1964 Roosevelt Dimes
1 1945 P War Nickel
32 Pre 1960 ( the oldest 1941)

This is a little off topic. I did have a good week in finding some silver. I found 3 1964 Roosevelt's in circulation, one metal detecting in the front yard (1949). I found one yesterday metal detecting in the front yard a 1917 Mercury dime. That was my first one. And this is where I get a little off topic. I heard stories about hiding money in the crawl space during the depression. This guy found two cans of change, one being all silver and the other all gold. So I went down there with my metal detector, and there isn't that much room at all. I'm crawling around on my stomach then I received a nice coin signal. I dug it up and it is a Indian Head. I believe it says 1881 (its very corroded). Then I found three dead cats!!! I got freaked out and left, but one day I will try again.

Happy Hunting

Nicholas

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I have no idea. They were like mummified. We've had opossums get down there. So I'm not sure if the cats were killed by them or not. I had the wife bring a trash bag so I can get them out.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I found that the mint had some special cat commemorative halves made up. These are very rare. HH, Jim

Attachments

• Kennedy-Half-Dollars-Obverse.jpg
    Kennedy-Half-Dollars-Obverse.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 251

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Did you hit your head gettin outa there? Dead Cat bounce comes to mind not sure why it don't seem to fit so asking if any bounced would be a nonsequiter wouldn't it, so just ignore my inquiry here.

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
In the 1800's. I have some old timer friends and they said people use to bury money so many paces from their wells. I found three different wells on the property. Its over an acre of land. I went of the front yard about 5 times so far, and every time I find something else. I send you a message saying yes I do live in Indiana. Just wondering whats up kantuckkean.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread