Off to go get some halves!!!!!

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I called the bank this morning and asked if they had any...YES. Its kinda far away so I told him that I was a collector trying to fill out a coin book for my daughter. So I asked does anyone come up there and dump off a lot? He said no we just get them from people cashing in CHANGE!!!!!! So I'm off to my bank to dump off a load and to go pick up halves.

Nicholas

Happy Hunting

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
When I called up there he said he had "a lot". I'm guessing our a lots are different. He only had $60 worth. I did cease to find a 1990 S PROOF! :headbang: Not sure if those are silver? Or worth anything? But I will hang on to it.

Nicholas

Happy Hunting

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
nick.foltz said:
When I called up there he said he had "a lot". I'm guessing our a lots are different. He only had $60 worth. I did cease to find a 1990 S PROOF! :headbang: Not sure if those are silver? Or worth anything? But I will hang on to it.

Nicholas

Happy Hunting

Is the Rim bright Silver or do you see copper looking tint?

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Copper looking tint. To end the day of my half search I found a 1965 Kennedy. And I'm not sure if this person is on this forum or not. I call him 8 ball because thats what he marks his halves with. He is my nemesis haha. I found a lot of his dump sites so far.

Off to do some interior trim.

Happy Hunting

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
Nice find! Clad proofs are dirt cheap, but they look very nice. If you find a poof after 1992, be sure to check the rims, because some of them are silver.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Coins4Cheese said:
Nice find! Clad proofs are dirt cheap, but they look very nice. If you find a poof after 1992, be sure to check the rims, because some of them are silver.

Yeup I've 3 or 4 %90's in the now few hundred Proofs have found cut loose the clad Proofs, even got a good 10 %40 Silver Proofs too.

Like my Avatar, yeup it's me, back when, when- well nevermind :laughing7: .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions