florida crh, great or dud ?

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
well gonna be down for the warmer weather some.

i was wondering how the crh tends to be in fla.

many retirees, when the old gents pass away. the ladies might

just dump some halves.

and yet i was thinking for every one that passes. prob every oldster

in the state is asking the tellers for halves.

i have tried a couple day trips in the tampa area. with very poor results.

i have one bank i do bus with that has branches there. ill try to preorder

some boxes.

Upvote 0

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
So far I have found no rhyme or reason as to why some areas produce very well and some don't.

Logic doesn't seem to have any say in where the silver turns up. I say give it a try...

Also I have found that some areas don't provide anything and just 30 miles down the road the boxes are 5% silver. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

I was going to mention a few area where the finds were very good but I think maybe the "owners" of those territories wouldn't appreciate it very much.

Normally I wouldn't care whose toes I stepped on but two of those guys in particular have been very good to me lately.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe CRH-ing is the most truly random game in town - everybody who ever scored big
also skunked periodically -- even the legend - L J . Those who persevere will find silver !
Argentium.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have searched in two cities in Florida, one in the pan handle and one north of Miami. Found ratio's are about like my home turf.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
AGCoinHunter said:
I have searched in two cities in Florida, one in the pan handle and one north of Miami. Found ratio's are about like my home turf.

Speaking of LJ what ever happened to her, been months since seen a post from her as well as couple others seem to remember that are no more around(?).

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i was wondering about LJ too. anyway i was in the fla panhandle for a week last summer. i got about 400.00 worth of clad but no silver. somebody is working the panama city beach area hard. found his dump bank.
if you are going to fla for warmer weather i hope you are going way south. massive cold front over the whole south right now. i am in central alabama and the temp was 11 degrees this morning. i know that is not nothing for some of you northern folks but that is bone chilling cold for alabama

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
i was wondering about LJ too. anyway i was in the fla panhandle for a week last summer. i got about 400.00 worth of clad but no silver. somebody is working the panama city beach area hard. found his dump bank.
if you are going to fla for warmer weather i hope you are going way south. massive cold front over the whole south right now. i am in central alabama and the temp was 11 degrees this morning. i know that is not nothing for some of you northern folks but that is bone chilling cold for alabama

I dumped $400 in PCB back in September/October. Maybe you found mine:)

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
i was there in july. anyway i think the tellers around pc are involved in searching themselves

Where I dumped I know the teller was. First thing she asked me was if I had pulled all the silver out. I told her yes, not wanting her to have to dig through all of them. My best find down there was a CU which I wasnt even a member of.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
according to her profile LJ was last active on Dec. 12th. it probably was for her collective totals post that she runs. here is one of her last posts explaining why she hasn't been around.
Hey gang....I hope all of you are doing well and pulling some goodies. I have had my nose buried in books......back to school ya know, so I haven't had the opportunity to do any hunting. I miss the hunt but school is more important at the moment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread