Shhhhhhh!!!!!!

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
I made the mistake of telling a friend about coin roll hunting a month or two ago.

Very quickly he wanted to get into this as well.

At first I didn't see anything bad in having someone else I knew who did this, but then he started trying to get me to "piggyback" a "partial box" on my regular orders.

The problem with that is he wanted to be able to be there when the box was opened and be allowed to be the first to pick out which rolls to search. My problem with this arrangement as you might imagine is he is always going to go for any roll with silver showing.

When I mentioned the problems of dumps, he didn't offer to help finding any dump banks, and since he doesn't have a bank account anywhere he couldn't use his account to deposit bags of halves either. He simply stated he would "let me" roll the halves back up and I could pay him for the trouble.

I mentioned something about my efforts to find more dump banks and the fact that I had opened several accounts with several banks in the area.

His response was basically that I must be breaking some law to be opening up so many different bank accounts....

Within a few days I basically had to lie to him to get him to give up on this. I told him I was getting out of coin roll hunting.

This is true, but only for the next week or two.

In all honesty I don't wonder why most of the old timers here are so tight lipped about this hobby.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread