Almost achieved a goal for 2010...and its day two!

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
Hi all! hope everyone had a safe and happy new year! well i went to the bank today to cash in last years dumps and what do i spy but 5 silver quarters in the tellers tray. at this bank the tellers do not care much for silver so he sees me looking at them and goes "they're silver, want'em?" i very calmly say "yes" and trade him $1.25 in clad, and walk out with a HUGE smile on my face. Now it may not seem like much to you big time sorters, but all of last year i only collected 5 silver quarters, and one of my goals was to attain 6 this year, and i am only one away from that total! ;D pretty sweet feeling!

Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Thats pretty sweet. Good eye. I've tried quarters a couple time with no luck. I think its the over minting of the state quarters, but maybe not.

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
nick.foltz said:
Thats pretty sweet. Good eye. I've tried quarters a couple time with no luck. I think its the over minting of the state quarters, but maybe not.

Also, more and more people are checking their change for state quarters, so silver is being pulled out also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions