It has been said, "When asking for halves also ask for big dollars" with pic

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been said, "When asking for halves also ask for big dollars" with pic

I asked just for halves and when the teller gave me the only roll they had
she asked me if I was interested in Ike's. I hesitated but finally said yes.

They gave me a roll if big dollars $20.

Significant findings:

One 1922 D Peace Dollar
One 1924 S Peace Dollar (Mintage est: 1,700,000)
The best 1924 S ever graded by PCGS is a PCGS MS 65 and
I read that it is very difficult to find it in UN circulated condition.
Mine is not in a very good shape

Enjoy the pictures

Darth Walker

Attachments

• PaintPeace.jpg
    PaintPeace.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 761
Upvote 0

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009
Re: It has been said, "When asking for halves also ask for big dollars" with pic

Awesome finds! A helluva lot better than mine. I just a did a box of nickels, and got nothing. No wars, buffaloes or proofs.

jay741

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2009
Re: It has been said, "When asking for halves also ask for big dollars" with pic

nice find how do you get rid of the dollar coins? i know this bank near me that has some ikes that i want to go through but the banks where i dump dont take dollar coins. the last time i gave them 40 worth an they just put them in there draw maybe ill just do that again

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT

jay741 said:
nice find how do you get rid of the dollar coins? i know this bank near me that has some ikes that i want to go through but the banks where i dump dont take dollar coins. the last time i gave them 40 worth an they just put them in there draw maybe ill just do that again

Just use them for tips when eating out or at the stores like I do.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Me too, always get them if they have them, even pick up the $2 bills know they do not like to hold them cause they can't get rid of them till they have $1K's worth to ship off- have found they really appreciate it when you take them Bills and even Ikes out of their Drawers.

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola

When I ask for halves they usually say they don't have any. They do say they have the presidential dollar coins. What are those?

Nicholas

UnoZeus

Dec 28, 2009
Daphne, Alabama

Really, nothing special. Just another dollar coin.

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/

OP
OP
Darth Walker

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

presidential coins is just an other way teh US Mint sells overpriced krap-crap coins

DW

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009

Nice job. I'm hoping to score a real silver dollar this year.

OWS

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST

I use the big dollars and also halves to pay for my yard sale treasures. The sellers get a kick out of seeing the coins and often remark with either "what are those" or " Wow I haven't seen one in a long time. Plus it keeps them in circulation.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

DUDE!!!!!!....2 years and thousands of Ikes and haven't found one silver dollar. the force is truly with you my friend. :thumbsup:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Must be some karma for returning those AGEs. Nice finds.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

foundinrolls

Jun 6, 2006

Hi !
I'm bettin' that I said that:-)

Have Fun,
Bill

PS...it works:-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions