Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
apush said:
Is it wise or unwise to purchase rolls at your bank, then take the rolls to another branch (same bank) to deposit (dump?) We have 4 branches of the same bank in my hometown. I have two different accounts at this bank.
apush

I do it occasionally but don't (if returning them in Rolls) do so in same Rollers got them in.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do this occasionally too. But you just have to make sure that there aren't any roving tellers that are at your supply bank one day and are at the dump bank another day. Also, if the banks are in close proximity there is a chance that one bank would share their coin supply (if they use customer wrapped rolls) with another bank in the event one of the banks needs coins.

-Codes

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
In the short term it is fine, but if you are in it for the long haul best to dump at another bank with a different distributor.

Maine_Jim

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
maine_Jim said:
In the short term it is fine, but if you are in it for the long haul best to dump at another bank with a different distributor.

Maine_Jim

You bring up a good point.

How far do you dump from where you get your boxes?

My list of dump sites is growing slowly but most will be within 35 miles of me. Do I need to make it farther than that?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
placerman said:
maine_Jim said:

Maine_Jim

You bring up a good point.

How far do you dump from where you get your boxes?

My list of dump sites is growing slowly but most will be within 35 miles of me. Do I need to make it farther than that?

Best course of action is understanding Fed districts and the regional suppliers (Brinks, Loomis, etc.) Some areas of the country, you have to travel very far to get outside your own Fed district. Others, they are very close (reasonable driving distance). If you can't dump in a different district, then understand the regional carriers boundaries. Dumping in a different region but still in the same Fed district will still give you a fresh supply of coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions