odd silver in cents and diamond?

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I was cleaning my Ryedale (pulling lint/junk out from inside machine) and found some jewelry parts silver mount for holding a gem and a diamond looking gem

The silver is in 2 parts and they were connect but busted. It is hard to see but the bottom of the silver mount in the photo but it is marked 14K I was expecting .925 or sterling. I am not sure if the diamond is real or not but it does scratch glass easy. with no wear on the stone. I will have to take it into a jewelry store someday to have it checked out.

edit: the coin in the picture is so you can tell the size I got the coin last month in a dream bag.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14K white gold, not silver. Diamond is probably real as it is set in gold with a six prong setting, have it tested rather than scratch more glass. Congrats on the nice score. :thumbsup:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Most excellent and probably a first for the Ryedale!
How did you let that bugger jump inyour hopper?

OP
OP
snappy

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I only do bags you would be surprised what you find in there.. err what ends up jamming the machine from the bags.... squashed cents, plastic cents, buttons, batteries, Keys, quarters/dimes/ect.. LINT!!! you name it (if it fits) and you can find it in a bag..

The gold/gem fell threw the holes in the bottom as it was running, as does lots of LINT!!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
WTG hope the diamond is real :thumbsup:
squashed cents, plastic cents, buttons, batteries, Keys, quarters/dimes/ect.. LINT!!! you name it (if it fits) and you can find it in a bag..
not to mention bullets (not unusual here in Philly) foreigns, tokens (found several worth a few bucks) pins, needles (like i said this is Philly) silver chains, gold and silver charms....and these are not from bags this is in the reject trays and magnets inside the counters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread