LP2 cent box (corrected)

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a cent box at my bank today and took a peak at it through the holes in the bottom. It appears to be a solid box of the LP2 2009 cents, formative years, or log splitter as some people call them. My question... Is there a market for these anywhere? I know the excitement as died down on the new cent some but I was trying to figure out what to do with them since there wont be any copper or wheats to be found....

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Re: LP1 cent box

AGCoinHunter said:
Picked up a cent box at my bank today and took a peak at it through the holes in the bottom. It appears to be a solid box of the LP1 2009 cents, formative years, or log splitter as some people call them. My question... Is there a market for these anywhere? I know the excitement as died down on the new cent some but I was trying to figure out what to do with them since there wont be any copper or wheats to be found....

Check Ebay and see if they are still worth anything.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

First of all, if they are the logsplitter they are the second release, or LP2. Yes there still is a market for them. Check feebay or someone on the forum will probably want them. What mint are they from?
HH
Gilbert

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They are this one. LP2 you are correct. Anyone interested in these? I know there is an error on one of the thumbs. Not sure of the mint, I will try to take a peak at them this evening.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 226

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle

AGCoinHunter said:
They are this one. LP2 you are correct. Anyone interested in these? I know there is an error on one of the thumbs. Not sure of the mint, I will try to take a peak at them this evening.

Actually AG there are a few different errors on the LP2, check out this link: http://doubleddie.com/60701.html

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked the box last night without opening it and these appear to be Philly LP2 cents. I might hang on to them, $25 isnt too much to keep in pennies that are uncirculated...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions