Box 1: Skunk
Box 2: Skunk
Box 3: 5x 40% (includes a 1970 D), 7x '64, 1x Franklin
Box 4: 1x 40%, 1x '64
Box 5: Skunk
Box 6: Skunk
Box 7: 33x 40%, 5x '64, 2x Franklin
Box 8: 8x 40%, 1x '64

Box 7 was one of my best boxes ever! Helps make up for 4 boxes skunk last week and 4 boxes skunk a few weeks before that... has been a while since had a "good score" :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Seeing you only have 19 TNet posts if Box 7 was your best "ever", your ever must surely be the shortest "ever" on the board :laughing7: .

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
obediah said:
Seeing you only have 19 TNet posts if Box 7 was your best "ever", your ever must surely be the shortest "ever" on the board :laughing7: .

Perhaps, I didn't understand your post above. Are you assuming that the OP had just started CRH'ing since they began posting on TNet? Many people have started CRH'ing before stumbling upon this forum. Many people don't share their finds as they believe it only encourages more in the hunt.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Diver_Down said:
obediah said:

Perhaps, I didn't understand your post above. Are you assuming that the OP had just started CRH'ing since they began posting on TNet? Many people have started CRH'ing before stumbling upon this forum. Many people don't share their finds as they believe it only encourages more in the hunt.

Good point; guess am sitting on my funny bone this morning.

Yeah as far as those who are determined to keep their finds a secret have run into more than a few of those and some are very angry at me in their pm's to me.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
obediah said:
Diver_Down said:
obediah said:

Yeah as far as those who are determined to keep their finds a secret have run into more than a few of those and some are very angry at me in their pm's to me.

Obe,
The same folks that are angry at you for posting your finds are encouraging me to post my finds. I guess they figure that my meager finds will discourage newcomers. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have people tell me not to post my finds all of the time. Guess what? This isn't the only site that has a forum on coin roll searching. There are many out there. Also, I was searching rolls way before I found treasurenet.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
obediah said:
Diver_Down said:
obediah said:

Obe, Don't take offense as none was implied. I just wanted to point out the error in the assumption. And I'm not mad at anyone for posting their finds. I enjoy the pictures the same especially when I've been on a skunk run. What I would like to see with those that post their weekly finds is to also post their skunks and not just with a word of "skunkaroo". Post a picture of the mound of clad that will have to dumped. Show the new guys/gals what the hobby really entails. Showing some the pile that will have to disposed of and not just the take helps to expose the reality. If more people showed the mass of clad, new guys/gals might not be so encouraged at starting the hunt looking for the quick score. Sure, some can indeed make some decent money, but in my experience, it is more about the thrill of the hunt. I've been doing this for over 20 years, and I can't stop. I might take a break from time to time, but I always return to satisfy the itch.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds but you should have skipped boxes 1,2,5 and 6, things would have gone faster for you. ;D

I've been coin roll hunting for about thirty years now. I never post my finds as they are too embarassing. :-X Nothing but zincolns, even in the half rolls. Oh the shame. :-[

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
obediah said:
Diver_Down said:
obediah said:

Obe, Don't take offense as none was implied. I just wanted to point out the error in the assumption. And I'm not mad at anyone for posting their finds. I enjoy the pictures the same especially when I've been on a skunk run. What I would like to see with those that post their weekly finds is to also post their skunks and not just with a word of "skunkaroo". Post a picture of the mound of clad that will have to dumped. Show the new guys/gals what the hobby really entails. Showing some the pile that will have to disposed of and not just the take helps to expose the reality. If more people showed the mass of clad, new guys/gals might not be so encouraged at starting the hunt looking for the quick score. Sure, some can indeed make some decent money, but in my experience, it is more about the thrill of the hunt. I've been doing this for over 20 years, and I can't stop. I might take a break from time to time, but I always return to satisfy the itch.

Cant say that showing a pile of clad will slow anyone down. What will slow them down or drive them to quit is doing it themselves. The day they have to haul back 6-8 boxes of halves to the bank to dump will most likely be their last time.
obediah said:
Diver_Down said:
obediah said:

People actually PM you, angry that you post your finds? Never had that happen to me but the first time that happens your name will become public with the nasty PM you sent me.

OP
OP
D

dkTreasure

Nov 2, 2009
Diver_Down said:
obediah said:

Ya...I had been reading this forum for months before posting...had actually done CRH as a kid 15 years ago, but only recently started again.

OP
OP
D

dkTreasure

Nov 2, 2009
I was very hesitant to post finds from the "encouraging competition" standpoint, but seems there is already enough stuff posted around the web to do that, so may as well enjoy the story telling about finds part of the hobby. But I do like the idea of when posting a photo to show the dump pile next to the keep pile to show how much volume it really takes to "earn" the spoils...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread