No Halves to be found, I bought my own halves back, ,lol.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There must be a run on halves around here, or they are holding them. I went to four local banks, no halves until the last one. The lady said 5 rolls just came in, I said great I will buy them. They had my name and phone number on them. I used them at the Sunoco station last Friday to fill my tank, lol.

I can't find a local dump bank, they either have no coin counters, or some kind of Coinstar, that charges you. I called 7 local banks, I will try credit unions next. I do not want to drive over 20 miles to a dump bank, but I might have too.

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CU is the way to go. If they have a coin counter you are in business.

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Can't you reroll and dump them in the box? That's what I do. It takes 2 minutes to do dump $500.

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
My local supply bank has been having problems also.
The funny part is my dump bank said "Thank goodness, we have people begging for halves"... :hello2:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
DFX DAVE in M.D. said:
There must be a run on halves around here, or they are holding them. I went to four local banks, no halves until the last one. The lady said 5 rolls just came in, I said great I will buy them. They had my name and phone number on them. I used them at the Sunoco station last Friday to fill my tank, lol.

I can't find a local dump bank, they either have no coin counters, or some kind of Coinstar, that charges you. I called 7 local banks, I will try credit unions next. I do not want to drive over 20 miles to a dump bank, but I might have too.

:laughing7: :laughing7: , sorry that is funny.

OP
OP
DFX DAVE in M.D.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do deposit my rolled halves, I spend them also. I told the Sunoco owner today on my way to work that i bought my halves back and he laughed also.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i remember LJ posted where she dumped some coins and several days later went and bought them all back by mistake. but when your doing the volume she was and(i guess) not keeping records, it seems it would be easy to make that mistake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions