Ohio Valley Gold and Silver Refinery in town ripping off people

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
The Ohio Valley Gold and Silver Refinery is in town and have set up shop at the local Hampton Inn in Lanett, Alabama this week. They have taken out full page ads in the newspaper urging people to bring in their silver and gold for top prices. well, after much thought i was considering selling some silver to buy gold like rich hardford did a few months ago. i was thinking about this because my floor safe is almost full and i needed some space. i thought the idea of trading silver to buy gold was good so i went to check them out.
i went in and asked one of the dealers how close they pay to spot. he replied we are right on the spot price minus melting fees, and shipping fees. i asked him how much he paid for kennedy halves. his reply was 2.00 each for 1964's and 1.00 each for the 40%. i said wait a minute according to spot a 1964 was worth 6.72 each and he said oh, nobody pays that much. i told him i had 2K in 1964's and almost 7K in 40's. he said oh well you have alot i could come up some and i said how much. he said well bring it in first and i will tell you.
i don't think it would be worth my time or energy to fool with these people. bad thing is the place was packed with people selling to these clowns. i bet they are making a killing

Upvote 0

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea that would be funny. they would probably call the police which would not be good for me (being a police officer and all), thought about placing an ad in the paper though. they are only going to be here for 2 more days. hey but if i were to rent a room there i don't think they would have any recourse

hey when the police come you"ll know them and they will prob give you a warning unless you get the rookie or the but hole of the group.

A coin store were I live bought a morgan and a walking liberty half for 25.00 then sold them for 30.00.
take out the ad and offer more than what they are.
good luck on the trade up.

Apr 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ohio valley gold & silver refinery NEW NAME is Midwest Gold & Silver Refinery

No way I would sell 90% and 40% for that price. It is insulting.

You can make a killing. Wait for somebody that is going to sell coins and offer them more than these
scamersssssssss.

DW

when your wanted for a stealing and writing bad checks change your name and keep stealing

Apr 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEW NAME MIDWEST GOLD & SILVER REFINERY WHEN YOUR WANTED IN MANY STATES YOU CHANGE YOUR NAME FROM OHIO GOLD & SILVER REFINERY BAD CHECKS! OWNERS IS WANTED BY POLICE ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread