Newbie here with early success

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010
So, I've been a recent lurker of the metal detecting forums and that's how I found out about CRH'ing. It seemed intriguing to me and I thought I would give it a go. I bought $140 worth of half customer rolls on Monday and found 1-90% and 2-40%. Nothing to write home about, but a thrill to find some keepers in my first attempt.

So, today I hit a few local banks during lunch and got $190 of half customer rolls from a BofA that the teller said were just turned in yesterday. I was thrilled to find 39-40%. I know that's way above the normal average finds (just over 10%).

Have any you noticed a large keeper difference between customer rolls and boxes? Looks like the rolls I picked up were turned in by someone that knew to keep the 1964's and before, but didn't know about the 40%'ers.

Needless to say I'm hooked and I already have in my first order for 2 boxes that I will be picking up next week.

Upvote 0

j_gold

Dec 11, 2009
San Diego Ca.
Detector(s) used
Hands
:icon_thumright:

Congrats! I've been searching halves since October and my box avg is UNDER 1 90% and 2 40% per box. I still have not been able to find customer rolled halves around here but from what I have been reading that is the way to go.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
customer hand rolls and loose coin(loosies) have a higher percentage of finds for the money spent. however they are harder to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread