Roadtrip or no roadtrip?

Ashdowney

Feb 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hi Everyone! My last post got deleted for some reason so I will try again!!! My boxes have been hurting lately. How many of you have success on roadtrips? I'm trying to decide if I should take the time and travel around the area.

Thanks!!

Also, I posted a picture of our newest addition to crh! Hopefully she will bring some luck to the board!

-ash

Attachments

• ekd.jpg
    ekd.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 249
Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Ashdowney said:
Hi Everyone! My last post got deleted for some reason so I will try again!!! My boxes have been hurting lately. How many of you have success on roadtrips? I'm trying to decide if I should take the time and travel around the area.

Thanks!!

Also, I posted a picture of our newest addition to crh! Hopefully she will bring some luck to the board!

-ash

Well my last two Road Trips were the pits, but the two before that were modest got 20 on one trip and 54 on the other.

It'll be a while b4 the new addition does any CRH'in :D .

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put me own for a postersize print of that cutie. :headbang:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the area your in. Road trips for me where I am dont do that well because of the amount of searchers. And to go further out into rural areas, cost gas and miles. Best plan is to pick an area, use your GPS or google maps to look up all the banks and call ahead. Ask for halves and if they have any ask them to hold them for you. If you dont have a GPS and are planning a road trip, I would pick one up. I bought a cheap ($120 - Tom Tom version) one for my wife a month or so ago and used it when we were on vacation in Florida. Was pleasantly supprised with the amount of banks it finds. The newest ones were not there but you can download updates for it. Hope that helps and congrats on your new addition. They are a lot of work! :)

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
welcome to the forum. and congrats on the new addition....she's a cutie. some areas have many hunters in them, you can get an idea by all the different marks on the coins.(BTW please don't mark your coins)if you are finding many different marks then you are in an area where there are many hunters and several monster hunters.most of these hunters are box hunters. in this case it would be better to try and beat them to the coins by getting customer rolls and loose coins(loosies) from teller trays before they get to the carrier to be dispersed in boxes. the best way is to find a bank that will sell you bags off thier coin counting machine. you have a better chance finding someone's whole hoard they cashed in, whereas if the bag goes to the carrier all coins are mixed in with other clad before being distributed into boxes. bags, customer handrolls, and loosies all have a higher percentage of finds compared to boxes with the exception of the occasional dream box with several hundred keepers in it. but usually they are few and far between.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread