A bit of Spanish Silver Found on Holiday

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Ok, today I want to talk about a positive note rather than the negative things I have gone through since I came back from Barcelona. I did not do any coin roll hunting while over in Europe but I did talk about it quite a bit with friends and relatives. Seeing as there is no way they will provide any competition I felt it was ok to do. One of my brother in laws friends offered me a coin that he had in his posession. He said it was a collectors coin not ment for circulation. I ofcourse excepted the gift. The coin was a .925 silver coin of King Juan Carlos and his wife from 2002. It is a 12 euro coin. I am not sure what it is worth but I saw it on ebay for 17 dollars. An interesting find to add to the collection. I also got a 1946 nickel back in my change while on the American base over there. I kept it. Happy Hunting and enjoy the pic.

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i was waiting to see what silver you got. thats a nice one GS. sooooo.....did you have to talk to any Feds while in Spain? i'm sure they know you went. :laughing7:
sorry to make light of your recent dilemma, but perhaps your trips over seas was one more reason you raised some flags. :dontknow:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I had the feeling that you were going to come back with some Spanish silver. Ever think about metal detecting there in Spain. I wished that I had done it when I lived in Belgium.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
You know I lived there for three years and even had a detector with me but only went once. I found a bunch of junk and was not even sure if where I was detecting was legal. In hind site I should have done my research and gone a lot more. Especially the beaches with all the eye candy. lol

golden silver

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
golden silver said:
You know I lived there for three years and even had a detector with me but only went once. I found a bunch of junk and was not even sure if where I was detecting was legal. In hind site I should have done my research and gone a lot more. Especially the beaches with all the eye candy. lol

golden silver

Can't metal detect on those Spanish beaches. You won't get no metal just wood. :laughing7:

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Haha, I had to read that twice but you are deffinately hit the nail on the head.

golden silver

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd send that friend a Walker or some other US silver in return for that nice gesture. I highly doubt that any of us will pull one of those 12 Euros from circulation.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread