twin baby dream boxes

thing

Aug 8, 2009
I went to a BofA that had ordered 1000 for me. I open up the first box and I see 4 rolls with silver on the ends. I was thinking to my self not bad. I pick up these rolls first and then I noticed 3 of the rolls had silver on the other end too. I then tart thinking this could be good. Then reality sets in and I start thinking "how many times have you thought that before" I proceed to open up the box and I get rolls with alot of 40% spaced around with a whole bunch of mint 1990d halves. I finished that box with 85 silver 40% in my pocket. I then move on to the 2nd box. I am thinking to my self "don't get your hopes up, good boxes never come in pairs" I open up box 2 and I see a few silver ends but alot of shiny 1990 halves. I proceed to open up the 1990s first and again i am met with a silver tint. I open up all the rolls and I wind up with 113 40% and a single 90%. Best average ever. I now wish I had asked that bank to order me 10 boxes. I do have another 1000 coming in a week but given the hit and miss nature of the sport I very much doubt I will manage to get the other boxes in the series. I should consider myself very lucky that I managed to get 2 boxes that had such a high %.

1000 dollars sorted
198 40%
1 1964
78s

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice boxes. To get almost $100 face from two boxes is great! While the old saying they come in pairs may be what people think, I have never experienced that. Do you know who the carrier for your boxes were?

OP
OP
T

thing

Aug 8, 2009
AGCoinHunter said:
Nice boxes. To get almost $100 face from two boxes is great! While the old saying they come in pairs may be what people think, I have never experienced that. Do you know who the carrier for your boxes were?
Brinks I think. It seems that the citibanks wells fargos and bofa all use brinks for their coins. But I really wonder how much the carrier has to do with it. Earlier this week I went through 2000 dollas and i got 9 keepers ( including a 51s, but it was really beat up :( )

OP
OP
T

thing

Aug 8, 2009
d2arcing said:
nice boxes

curious, where they the double layer square or flat boxes?

They were the 2 layer box made up of 5x5 rows

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread