Bank charges me 50c a roll... normal?

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet. I think my local banks charge to dump coins because of CRH, lol. One bank the coin counter had a sighn that said, As of July 1st 2009 there is a charge to use this machine. Once one bank does something, if they can get away with it, the rest will follow. I never liked the coinstar idea when it first came out, I still refuse to pay a percent to redeem my coins. I thought the Coinstar concept would go away, but enough people use it to make a profit for someone.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaron , Not for long they don't ! You'll go elsewhere - Not sure they can legally charge a dollar
for a 50 cent roll of pennies . Argentium.

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
That is absurd! Banks already charge you $10 a month just for the privilege of doing business with them, now they are charging for each individual service? Greed, man, pure, unrestrained, exploitation and greed. Next time, tell them you were going to charge them an extra 50 cents per roll as a 'bailout fee', but you've decided to use that to cancel out their fee, so you're even. Crooks!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"My bank, which I'm a member of, charges me 50c a roll for coins. Be it pennies, dimes... what have you."

Well at .50 for a roll of pennies you would break even but on a $10 roll of halfs you would make $9.50. Oooo, go for the $25 rolls of presidential dollars. :laughing7: :laughing7:

Ahem, sorry couldn't resist. I'd speak to the manager and depending on that conversation may just move on to another bank without the fees.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
EpsilonMinus said:
That is absurd! Banks already charge you $10 a month just for the privilege of doing business with them, now they are charging for each individual service? Greed, man, pure, unrestrained, exploitation and greed. Next time, tell them you were going to charge them an extra 50 cents per roll as a 'bailout fee', but you've decided to use that to cancel out their fee, so you're even. Crooks!

what I don't think I pay 10/month...?

just go to a non fee bank

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I think they would like you to go somewhere else for your coins... :o

Maine_Jim

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
That is not normal. You must have some fierce competition in your area and several hunters with bad habits like buying coin then going through them just to bring them right back in. Go elsewhere.

golden silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread