Its Gone!!!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Re: It's Gone!!!

Went faster than I thought it would. Has anyone seen any difference in their area?

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
joad

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

maine_Jim said:
Went faster than I thought it would. Has anyone seen any difference in their area?

Maine_Jim

My box production has dropped dramatically. Doubt the banner had anything to do with it.

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro

Maine-Jim;
I salute and applaud your persistance and subsequent good fortune in your outstanding finds, but I have to agree with Joad......I am glad to see it off the banner.
No, there is no immediate, demonstable, quantifiable correlation between that banner award and subsequent CRH results, but you can be assured that a significant number of brand spankin' new (hungry) CRH'ers have been born........and the banner post was the "daddy"!
Heart-felt congratulations to you, and I wish you nothing but more of the same.
- Grizz

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

You could be right - there does seem to be quite a few newbies here on the forum. Can any of you newbies chime in on this and attest to seeing the banner and giving CRH a try? Might make an interesting poll.

Just thinking about it makes me think of a few banner worthy finds that never made it....I remember that hoard of 63 Franklins found in original bank rolls. Those were definitely banner worthy. I see those same rolls going for $440 a piece on APMEX now. My find was only worth about $3800, I'm guessing those Franklins were worth more than $8000. Then there was the 28 boxes of 2009 cents. I think those were also worth about $8000. So dollar wise my find didn't set any records but seeing those pictures of old silver sure do make you drool a bit ...

HH!

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions