Teller sold me some goodies today....

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Teller said she had some stuff from her own stash she wanted to sell me since she had no use for it. She said just give me like 40 bucks. I told her the stuff was worth alittle more but she said dont worry about it.

totals for 40 bucks

5- 40% kennedys
19- silver waskingtons
1- silver canadian quarter
3- dateless standing liberty quarters
1- blue silver certificate 1934d 5 dollar bill- any idea what this is worth cuz i have no idea. its in pretty good shape too

thanks for lookin
keith

Upvote 0

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
Do you mean while on duty a bank teller sold you legal US currency for more than face value? Unless the bank has turned into a pawn shop or coin dealer as well I'm not sure how they can legally do this.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
that 1934d blue seal , is it a star note? i looked on ebay and a regular one (without the star) ranges from $19 to $110 depending on the grade i guess. but if it is a star note, there is one in excellent condition and the seller is asking $360.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
ugotit22 said:
1- blue silver certificate 1934d 5 dollar bill- any idea what this is worth cuz i have no idea. its in pretty good shape too

thanks for lookin
keith

to the extent you may occasionally run across interesting US paper currency, you may wish to purchase the Red Book for paper currency (http://www.whitmanbooks.com/Default.aspx?Page=81&ProductID=0794823629)

I see you've already found it, as there are many more paper currency experts on the paper currency version of this forum:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,346.0.html

BTW, nice pick-up.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dp2013 said:
Do you mean while on duty a bank teller sold you legal US currency for more than face value? Unless the bank has turned into a pawn shop or coin dealer as well I'm not sure how they can legally do this.
The teller wasn't selling from her drawer, but here personal collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions