silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
Re: today's 20 boxes

obedia all of that except for two 40% halves came from 2 boxes. so to answer your question 17 out of 20 were skunks and 1 was a near skunk.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009

yes I would say that is weak or slim but I have found the normal average is 1x 40% per box, therefore you are above it :icon_thumright: but would think you would be pulling 100 coins with your volume, 20 chances of a good box

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009

17 skunk boxes would just kill me. I don't know how you do it. I got one skunk box and then quit doing boxes.

OWS

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Beats that 20 skunk day you had :icon_thumright:

Maine_Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

SC,
It looks like your 4 Brinks boxes are doing better lately than your weekly 20. Is it possible for you to get all 24 from your Brinks source?
Rich

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

na rich not from that bank. the vault teller acts like it is a pain to order 4 boxes a week for me. she looks so glad to see me every week. it would be nice but i am afraid if i ask she might have something to say about the 4 she orders for me already. i only think it is a matter of time before things shift again anyway.
i have 3 supply banks. one for brinks, one for loomis and one for garda. out of the 3 at least one gets my order messed up some kind of way each week. my most problem free bank is the one that orders loomis boxes for me. that is where i get my 20. the most problem bank i have is the one that orders garda boxes. they messed me up yesterday. i believe it has been almost 3 months now since i have had a week that all three supply banks came through. what is so bad is the garda boxes are the best in my area for some reason. they look very similar to loomis boxes though. i guess garda has the coin machine dumps from coinstar, etc from around here.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

Just curious.. how long does it take for you to go through 20 boxes?

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I usually only find one silver for every 500 in brinks rolls I search. I buy customer rolls anytime I can find them. They always let me know if they are someone elses dumps. My best find ever so far was from a teller contacting me about a guy who dropped off $50 in halves, it was great. Boxes haven't been good to me, but I guess if you search through enough boxes eventually you will hit a jackpot. That's the only reason I even look through boxes, waiting for that huge score. I know once it happens, I will just want to order more boxes... It's a roller coaster ride man.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

I'm guessing then that you look at the edges only and not the dates.. I look at the dates but it takes me like 2.5 hours to do a box. I'm still looking for that elusive rare rotated die coin. I've found clips, die cracks, and cud coins at some point but not a rotated die. Although sometimes I think I do spend too much time looking for it and should just search for silver.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SFBayArea said:
I'm guessing then that you look at the edges only and not the dates.. I look at the dates but it takes me like 2.5 hours to do a box. I'm still looking for that elusive rare rotated die coin. I've found clips, die cracks, and cud coins at some point but not a rotated die. Although sometimes I think I do spend too much time looking for it and should just search for silver.

Usually if you are going through 20 boxes, you are not too concerned with error coins. These guys are looking for silver. A quick scan of the roll dates and on to the next one. Think some here can do a box in 15 - 20 minutes.

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT

[/quote]

Usually if you are going through 20 boxes, you are not too concerned with error coins. These guys are looking for silver. A quick scan of the roll dates and on to the next one. Think some here can do a box in 15 - 20 minutes.
[/quote]

It takes me about 15 minutes to do a box while watching tv. If I'm pushing it I can do one in 10 and I'm pretty sure I don't miss any silver.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

Your boxes are like the ones i get in my area. Im going to try different banks to see if they have better boxes. I still do better on my road trips but they are time consuming. In fact lately my dime boxes have been better then my halves.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

i only edge search. most of the time is spent opening the rolls

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

quiksilver said:
Your boxes are like the ones i get in my area. Im going to try different banks to see if they have better boxes. I still do better on my road trips but they are time consuming. In fact lately my dime boxes have been better then my halves.
I do dimes, and the box rarely, if ever, disappoints.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

silvercop said:
i only edge search. most of the time is spent opening the rolls

Why I love those bags! Only the ones that havent been through Valley though :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread