Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and got 1.05 apiece for them. I am glad I sold at that time as I noticed silver taking a dip today. As a result I got:

my $449.50 face value back, purchased both an uncirculated and proof version of the 2005 Marine Corps dollar, got a 1 oz silver round with the Marine Corps emblem on it, a 24" 18K box chain (for my girlfriend, she busted hers a few days ago) and still received $173 cash. Not bad for going thru some rolls in my extra time. The total for the USMC dollars (both versions) is 500,000, so I am expecting them to rise in value. Those 40% were accumulated in the past year. I still have 532 90% halves that I am hanging on to.

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to say you traded all your haves for that stuff! :( Then you said you kept the 90% silver ones ;D Smart Move!

Keep @ it and HH!!

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver was at $9.24 when I sold. It closed today at $8.80. Sure glad I sold when I did!!!

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
nice job....got to watch them silver prices...i got a 100 oz when the price was at? $4.00 oz..have bought more since then but not at that price..save thouse 90 %
i love silver so cheap..here is my favorite piece....10 oz silver round

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 650

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Wow Wayne, that is a LOT of roll searching. ;) And with EXCELLENT results for only one year.

I was wondering how often you search halve rolls? Also, just wondering once you search so many rolls, and it comes time to turn the rolls back in-do you have a bank strategy for turning them in?

I've started taking my rolls to 4 banks to return and deposit into checking and savings accounts. But I know when the banks see me comming they don't like it. lol

That's the first 10 ounce of silver I have seen, and it's very nice. Continued good luck searching the halves. I just bought a 2006 silver Eagle(1 oz silver)Dollar this week; I really love the way they look.

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I don't turn the unwanted halves back in, I spend them. That way my bank doesn't mind ordering them for me. A few years ago I would buy them and then turn around and cash them in at another branch, but the system got ticked off about that and the branch I was buying them from said they were not allowed to get them for me anymore. I let a few months go by and went to another close branch that I had never gone to before and asked them to start ordering for me, which they did. I learned my lesson though about turning them in, so started my current method. If I go on a trip, I will take a big canvas bag of them with me and use them for gas, eating, etc. I have even been several states away and used several rolls at motels. I run a group lotto at work, so what I do is I buy the tickets at several convenience stores with halves and get reimbursed from my co-players with paper money (basically like cashing them in). Also, any time I spend around $10 or less I use them. And for tipping when I eat out, etc. It usually takes me 3 - 4 weeks to go thru them. Another reason I like to do it like that is a lot of people buy them from some of the places I spend them at then hoard them away. I like that, as they are taken out of circulation and I dont get them back somewheres down the line in one of my rolls. Sorry about rambling so long!! HH

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
FreedomUIC said:
New Members should be restrained from bringing up topics that are six years old.....:BangHead:

It is a good look at how silver has jumped so high over the years. 1.05 each?! Really?! Lol

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, no. A "lol" reply to a 6 year old thread seems like a valid addition. On some of the forums I travel after a thread is so old without any posting, the mods just lock it.

Bunky211

May 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a good look at how silver has jumped so high over the years. 1.05 each?! Really?! Lol

This was the point of my post, bringing it to the top. It is very interesting how much things have changed in a few years. Some people don't have time to search the forums and haven't been here for six years that may get a kick out of reading this thread. Sorry for ruffling your feathers. Atleast someone else got enjoyment out of this topic.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting. I was offered $4.30 each a couple months ago and turned it down! It was a trade offer, but man, wish I had done it now.

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah it's a open site...if you want to put lol on the first post that was ever posted here...go for it! I don't know anyone would complain over it? I find you bringing this thread to the top much more entertaining than the endless, repeating questions that come around every 2 or 3 days.
HH all!

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
namster said:
Very interesting. I was offered $4.30 each a couple months ago and turned it down! It was a trade offer, but man, wish I had done it now.

Well...if silver ever gets around the $30 mark again, provident metals would prob offer around that.
They are offering 7 some thin on the dollar right now.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
I just looked at the post without checking the date and thinking he got a good deal selling 40%s for $1.05 each? !! Bet he wished he hung onto them

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
New Members should be restrained from bringing up topics that are six years old.....:BangHead:

I disagree. If something constructive is to be said, than it could be beneficial. All of us were New Members at one time, and you can see who some of us became, veterans, or just people with great advice. Also, you don't suddenly change after having 10 posts, so it really wouldn't have to just be New Members, but also Tenderfoots, which restricts the freedom of posting here on Tnet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread