Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All! Wishing it was spring break--alas, still about 8 weeks or so to go. :P

I was curious how ya'll store your coins. I would like to keep some individual coins in cardboard coin holders. Also, do you use paper or plastic rolls to house your dimes, cents, etc? Where is the most economical place to buy? I am planning to order some of these items soon, but wanted to know any pitfalls or the most economical place to purchase.
Thanks for any comments!
apush :dontknow:

Upvote 0

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
Copper memorials just get re-wrapped in paper rolls and put into the bank box, duck-taped shut, and put in the back of my closet.

All my "junk" silver is clumped together in a bin in my floor safe.

The very best coins with numismatic value are placed in 2x2 holders.

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
I store a lot of my coins in albums. If I find a coin that I already have in my album, I put it in a plasitc tube. Once the tube gets full, I roll it up, label it, and put it aside.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I use an Air-Tite brand container. I only use these for the very best CRHer finds--like an AU 1955 Franklin, my AU 70D coins, and some other assorted goodies. Flips for Kennedy proofs (except the silver ones in great shape--they get Air-Tites).

Jim

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ait-tites.com has pretty good prices though with "junk" silver the cheaper the storage device the better. I use ammo boxes because they are sturdy. The ones i wanna keep i put in coin tubes and the ones i will sell i use new wrappers [free at the bank]. Reusing old wrappers causes many accidents.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For massive storage, like wheaties, I get large glass jars a goodwill. Since glass is inert, it is good for long term storage. For silver, I get tubes. Make sure to steer away from plastics (except mylar) because they can release gasses that ruin coins, especially vinyl. I had bunches of silver dollars that were ruined by mylar flips...

HH
-GC

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2x2's if there is any numismatic value to them. Other than that in paper rolls for everything other than cents. Copper is stored in plastic bank bags with 50lbs max.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what it is.

Clad Goes in Cash Register

Picture 016.jpg

Memorials Water Jug

Picture.jpg

Keeper Finds Plastic Pages
By Location Found
Go
in Binders

Picture 017.jpg
Picture 014.jpg

& Type Collectin in Display

Picture 020.jpg

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Been just rolling wheaties in paper rolls by decade and filling brinks boxes then putting in safe unless I find one for album or uc then cardboard flip . Even silver been putting back in paper rolls then writing on and putting in safe hmmm may have to rethink this though. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread