timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, today I went and got $300 of halves from varius banks. 2 of the rolls I got looked really old, I peeked into the end of one. A 66 Ken was lookin at me, so I peeked into the other end, it was a 68. I thought to myself, "No way, I've got a solid roll of silver". I looked at the other roll, had the same kind of wrapper. Silver on both ends as well. I actually saved those rolls for last to open since I knew I had some silver in them. None of the other rolls produced, so I went on to open these 2 rolls up. ALL SILVER!! My first solid roll ever, and I got 2 of em in one day. I couldn't beleive it. Only 2 90%, but still a great day. That puts me at over 90 silver coins on the month. My second big find in 3 weeks, all from customer rolls.
tally by year:
69- 1
68- 17
67- 14
66- 3
65- 3
64- 2
Here are pics along with pics from last weeks find, in which I found the walking liberty, a 64, and 4 40% with it. Hope u all enjoy!!

Attachments

• halves1.JPG
    halves1.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 346
  • halves2.JPG
    halves2.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 334
  • halves3.JPG
    halves3.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 346
  • halves4.JPG
    halves4.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 346
  • halves5.JPG
    halves5.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 338
Upvote 0
OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my best ever. I seem to be on fire lately. I'm glad I started crh-ing, only been about a year now but I'm hooked. I would say it is definately a very lucrative hobby, and it's fun.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timbobwey said:
One of my best ever. I seem to be on fire lately. I'm glad I started crh-ing, only been about a year now but I'm hooked. I would say it is definately a very lucrative hobby, and it's fun.

I wouldnt say its very lucrative for myself. Yes there is money to be made but you add up the time and the resources to get the coins and its about a wash. But it is fun.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
nice going. lets see how lucrative it seems when the finds hit a big lull. there's going to be more downs than ups in the long run but this sure is a great hobby and can sometimes pay very well. :thumbsup:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Once it's in your system, you can never quite shake it. I aquired the habit 30 years ago, it's still with me. ffd

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, right now the hobby is being very kind to me. I realize that there are ups and downs, and there's gonna be skunks out there, we all get them. Right now for this year so far, I have gone through $2,600 in halves, and I have pulled 90 silver coins. 17 NIFC, and I think 4 proofs. My percentage of silver is like 3.5% on the year. That seems really high, I read a lot of people saying they're percentage is like 0.5%. I know I've been very lucky, I honestly never expected to find so much.
It is a very fun hobby, but yes it does take time. I don't mind searching the coins, I can go through a box pretty quickly anyhow.
good hunting everyone!

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting