Beginners luck? I think not

Absolut

Jan 27, 2010
*forgot to mention I was only searching for Halves*

I was considering buying a metal detector, and found my way to this site. I had never heard of coin roll hunting until i happen to see it mentioned in another forum, so i decided to check it out. Thanks for all of good info you guys put here. Anyway, couple of weeks go by of reading and i decide to try my luck at it.

I stopped by about 4 banks my first day and picked up the a 7 or 8 bucks here or there in loose but struck out on all of them. I then hit a bank and teller says sure we got about $14 in loose ones, so i say sure i'll take them. As i'm paying for them she says oh well if you ever need a lot let us know we got about $250 in the vault worth. I should have known from reading here, hmm exactly $250.....sounds like half a box.. but I was just excited to get them so i said yes. I raced home to figure i would at least get a few and then my wife wouldn't think i was crazy for doing this...
well beginners luck my butt, i ran right into someones dumps. :laughing7: A whole box-o-crap.

Anyway i was a bit bummed for the rest of the day, but a funny thing happend the next day.. I wanted to try again, out I went about 5 banks or so no one had rolls but bought a bunch of loose but still no keepers.. I have no idea why but I will probably go out and try again, maybe i should buy boxes??

No Beginners luck here not one keeper yet, but there is always tomorrow.

*Northern Indiana Hunter*

Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
hang in there sometimes it takes a few tries before "beginners luck" kicks in.
remember the 3 P's formula
Persistance+Patience=Profit ;D (made that up all by myself)

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started I only got 3 silver halves, but I only baught like $50 worth. It was a while after that before I really started finding silver in halves. Just be patient, you will have more skunks that finds. Sometimes it's very frustrating, but it's need when you find something.

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
There's still silver out there but it's now much later in the game. The scores will be harder to come by.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread