Loose silver halfs today

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010
Hit a few banks during lunch today. One teller is thrilled that I'm buying all those loose halfs from her. She sold me about $23 worht and as she's bagging them she says, "looks like this one is pure silver, just want to make sure you know". She was right, it was a '64. Then she asks the other teller if she has any loose halfs and she does as well. She pulls out $6 worth and says "looks like these are all silver". She was right, I got 12 40% from her. They also sold me $90 of customer rolls that produced 4 more 40%.

I was just amused by the fact that they couldn't wait to get rid of those annoying loose halfs. Looks like lunch was free today, and then some. :)

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! My luck is that the tellers rejoice my asking for halves, of course, they have already pilfered the silver. ffd

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I am a teller and believe me, I pilfer all the silver I can. I go through each roll of halves that are brought in. If I can't afford to buy them, I at least re-roll them and mark them if they are all silver so if someone comes in asking we can give them out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions