Shrt Road Trip 2day......................... .

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Found Zilch at every Bank hit in neighboring town till got to one, a teller had took my number down at said she'd call me when they filled their machine and sell me Bag of Halves, she never called so I stopped in turns out the lady retired- so asked (another) teller to do what she (retired teller) was gonna do; begged and pleaded with her to sell it to me, think it was the tears that got her to sell it to me she originally told me there was only $650 or so in it and they had to fill it first.

She also offered me a Box which was a Guarda Box but I turned it down told her wanted the Machine Bag.

They were extremely grimy and had a few (11) pennies 8 quarters, 3 nickels, and 4 dimes, and an Jefferson Dollar in the Bag too, oh and a McDonlads Indiana Boardwalk game piece. ( I swear all of the above is true, but for the tears ;D , would never admit that even if it were true!)

273 %40's
3 %90's

Attachments

• 100_1340.JPG
    100_1340.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 100_1341.JPG
    100_1341.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, even though there weren't many 90%, still awesome

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
timbobwey said:
Nice find, even though there weren't many 90%, still awesome

Yeah it was kinda muddy wasn't it; tried to fix it and yes ALL them coins came from one Bag, she did not tell me how they found several hundred more halves to fill the bag but they did and gave it to me, This is my 2nd Best road trip find, my best was 419 at one Bank and get this it was in same town up in KY not far from my home in TN.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats with the fire cracker? :)

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Great find...Do you think Peyton Manning dumped his collection there. Only
kidding. There are silver halves all over this country just waiting to be had.
Congrats
rileyboy

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
What a great way to end the month :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.
Best,

Rich

Yeah 4 sure, especially seeing how abysmal it was otherwise, in fact if not for this find it would of been our worst month since beginning CRH'in in March 09, but 40 ounces brings our monthly total to 4th worst at 61.2 ounces, of 10 months .

*The Firecracker- bottle-rocket was symbolic of a good day! oh found 2 more %40s in my pocket that did not count so it is up to 278 actually.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread