silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
Re: today's 20 boxes

i know of 2 others that order boxes. one of them orders as many as i do, and get this---he returns them to the same bank. i think his wife works there. seems like every time i pick up or dump i see someone new asking for halves. that is why i do so much volume. it worked for a while but now it is slowing down.

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA

wow that kinda sucks, so this guy pritty much has an inside person to pluck out all the loose old coins too.
Try another bank, mabey that will work.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

SC,

I think that with such a high volume on a regular basis any "average" sized town/area is gonna be depleted at some point. It will take a while for more silver to enter the system. And any silver in hand rolls deposited at the bank that gets intercepted before it makes its way to the coin courier will not be seen in the boxes.

But with your volume you have a great chance of picking up any "collections" that get dumped by the dim-witted and find their way into the boxes. People like me that only get a couple of boxes at a time have far less odds of scoring a dream box.

Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

SC,
Well you did a lot better than a 20 box skunk. Your 4 boxes are doing great ! January has been a lousy month for boxes it seems. Maybe things will pick up next month :thumbsup:

HH
Rich

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

The fact that the other searcher returns his dumps to the same bank really dampens yours and his chances especially when you have search such a high quantity. I hope you mark your coins.. I mark mine and return dumps to a different bank altogether. I don't recieve my dumps back often showing this method works. However, I have been getting skunked recently. My order bank told me that someone else ordered too and had the nerve to bring his dumps back. She told me that she wasn't going to order for him anymore since she didn't like dealing with dumps. She's been really cool with me ordering though but not if I was dumping. Just be glad you did better than me. I still haven't gotten a barber yet let alone an uncirculated one. :icon_thumleft:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Hey SC - it still adds up! Beats the 20 box skunk...that is for sure. Good luck next week.

Maine_Jim

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thats not that bad, almost 2 per box

Top Member Reactions