1964 halfs

Holmes

Sep 7, 2009
Grand Rapids Michigan
Ive got some serious competition around here these days ( some guys is marking his rolls on the outside with a blue sharpie and he dumps small piles everywhere across town! And yesterday i ran into his big dump pile ! But as the rules state you buy everything you can, so i did and when i got to my truck i realize 3 of the 65 rolls were different so i opened them up first and sure enough ( he committed the silly crime of not cleaning the bank out before dumping there! ) and in those 3 rolls i found 32 1964's ! Which is my largest find on 90%ers ever! There were 0 40%ers.

Thanks for looking ( if your the guy in Grand Rapids marking your rolls of halves with a blue sharpie PM me )

HH
~Holmes~

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Holmes said:
Ive got some serious competition around here these days ( some guys is marking his rolls on the outside with a blue sharpie and he dumps small piles everywhere across town! And yesterday i ran into his big dump pile ! But as the rules state you buy everything you can, so i did and when i got to my truck i realize 3 of the 65 rolls were different so i opened them up first and sure enough ( he committed the silly crime of not cleaning the bank out before dumping there! ) and in those 3 rolls i found 32 1964's ! Which is my largest find on 90%ers ever! There were 0 40%ers.

Thanks for looking ( if your the guy in Grand Rapids marking your rolls of halves with a blue sharpie PM me )

HH
~Holmes~

Hope he reads your post too. ;D

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I got 2 rolls of solid silver the other day, I got $220 worth of someone elses dumps too, they all came from the same bank. A lot of people don't buy from dump banks, I usually don't either. So it makes sense, these were in diferent rolls from his too.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Good for you :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. There is nothing worse than a CRHer that drops off coins at every bank he sees.
Glad to hear that you got a great score, and I too hope that the dumpster reads this one :laughing7:
HH
Rich

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Clear them all, slear them often - you do have to handle the dumps, but it make for happy tellers!

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grand Rapids doesn't have a bank with a coin machine? Man it seems like a lot of trouble re-rolling. Well it is not me anyways.

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Sep 7, 2009
Grand Rapids Michigan
Scott as far as i know the closest coin machine is in Detroit, and its not that terrible to re-roll coins. If you find a keeper you just replace it with a filler ! you dont need to count every roll. just replace as you go!

HH
~Holmes~

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just use filler coins to, I don't dump halves at my coin machine, because I want to start buying the bags from the bank. It wouldn't make sense to dump the halves in the machine, i do dump all my other coins there though. It's easy to re-roll though, then just mark your rolls, then you know you won't look through them again. I live in southwest mich, there are machines around here.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Hey Holmes,
Solid score. You are right. Many times I think I get someones unmarked dumps, but low and behold there are a few rolls with different hand rolled wrappers. The tellers just rubberband them with other deposits. Glad you scored. I'm sure the "markless dumper" is reading this.
Good on ya son,
rileyboy

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't use a coin counter any more, I just turn in "bagged" coin. I know there are several counters in my town. GR has to have a few, just have to look or call around. There are worse things than re-rolling coin, but when you are handling thousands of dollars at a time, life is just too short! ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions