Unexpected windfall due to heightend sense of hearing.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
So I stopped in at my Bank (that I'm loyal too) where I do my normal banking, and while filling out the deposit slip I hear the distinct sound of silver coins hitting the counter. I spin around, and since there were no other clients in the bank, announce I'll take those and rushed up to the teller window. The teller is a little surprised at my rush and I catch her a little off guard. She was new too me but the other teller knows me all to well. and rolls her eyes. ::)
I said I'll buy those, and she's like well :-\ I uh and says uh allright :'( but but hm mm. and says some of these are silver ...... :o I said that's OK I'll take them anyway.
She than says but there's $10.50 here and I just gave the guy $10, so what should I do to the other teller? I said I'll give you $10.50... But my drawer will be off and the other teller says well if you had not opened the roll you would not have known and since there is no acct # on that roll I guess you should just charge him $10

She had already put the extra half aside before I rushed her.

So she reluctantly counts out the coins to me and then slides the extra Half out from behind the divider and shrugs. oh well. I guess it's your lucky day. The one she tried to keep was a 1935

Keep those eyes and Ears open Hunters. Yee haw

Mojo

Attachments

• lucky roll.jpg
    lucky roll.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 616
Upvote 0
OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Theredemption said:
coinmojo said:
(that I'm loyal too)
Hmmmmmm. Congrats on the nice find mojo.

You like that huh.... This is the bank I do my real banking at. I do not pester them for coins. I do ask but just for loose halves. No buying up all their rolled coin ordering coin or dumping coin other than Ike dollars which they don't mind because someone always buys them up. so i actually provide them with a supply of Ike's. $3000 over the last 4 years.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions