Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldeagle said:
I was wondering what you guys do with the kennedy;s.when you have alot of them?do you sell them outright?I am asking because I ahve like 580 of them to unload thanks. :thumbsup:
If you want to unload they I will pay you $1 each :wink:

If you want to melt them You can get about $2.47 ea before a 10% refining fee. Send me a PM

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Keep checking the price of silver. Google "silver" and then hit the "spot price".
Silver is down a little right now, so if you don't need the money hold onto them
for a while to see if silver goes back up to about $20 an ounce. Not a sermon,
just a thought. By the way...how's Jersey. Are you anywhere near Asbury Park?
rileboy

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I sold 380 a little over a week ago for $2.45 ea locally. Used the profit to buy a couple nice early bust halves, and quarters, and a couple rolls of 90% halves. ffd

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can always try ebay, or try to sell them locally. I would imagine you could get at least 2.50 a piece for them from someone. I wouldn't sell mine for less, unless silver just died in price. I expect it to go back up, and probobly peak again. At least I hope it does.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Go to a show , sell for the best price you can find there, then buy some gold or platinum cause its easier to store.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Unless you really need the money now, I would wait until you have at least $500 face (1000 coins). Most coin dealers pay more if you have a large amount of coins such as that to sell.

Be careful of online sales to strangers who are not coin dealers. We had a long time poster here who was allegedly taking money from fellow posters and not delivering the goods. I don't know how all of that ended up???

Since I am such a non-trusting person by nature, I would only sell face to face locally. I know I could get a few pennies more selling online perhaps, but I like the idea of walking in with coins and walking out with the money.

When I do decide to sell my CRHing finds, I might try Craigslist, and see how that compares with the local coin dealers. Generally, my local coin dealers are pretty decent compared to what some posters here report from their local coin shops.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions