Dime Box X 8, 02/03/10

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Good score :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Those dimes add up. I missed doing them last month. Might give it a go this month.

Rich

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good box, usually dimes aren't very productive

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Don't take this the wrong way but 13 silver dimes = 2.6 90% Half Dollars.

I know you like searching dimes so congratulations are in order. That is 1.6 per box above average i guess. But man that's a lot of work. I know....

Mojo

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
coinmojo said:
Don't take this the wrong way but 13 silver dimes = 2.6 90% Half Dollars.

I know you like searching dimes so congratulations are in order. That is 1.6 per box above average i guess. But man that's a lot of work. I know....

Mojo
I know, Mojo, but i have too many monster hunters in my area, including yourself. I'm in it purely for the hobby. No time to do large volumes of halves. I found 2.6 halves worth with those dimes, sure beats dumping $2k worth of skunky halves! Thanks, ffd

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Way to go on the dimes!

Maybe with so many chasing the halves, the dimes are going less noticed?

I have tried dimes a couple of times but I cannot handle them. It is too much strain on the eyes and since I only rim search halves, I keep seeing dime rims that look like 40% halves and it stresses me out.

Maybe you will find a 1916 d Merc, isn't that the one worth all the dough?

Jim

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
jim4silver said:
Way to go on the dimes!

Maybe with so many chasing the halves, the dimes are going less noticed?

I have tried dimes a couple of times but I cannot handle them. It is too much strain on the eyes and since I only rim search halves, I keep seeing dime rims that look like 40% halves and it stresses me out.

Maybe you will find a 1916 d Merc, isn't that the one worth all the dough?

Jim
You are so right about the eye strain! I finally ended up getting script eyeglasses, makes searching dimes soooo much easier. Dimes are not too bad, I can search eight boxes in about 2 hours. I would do more, I just detest dumping any large amount of coin, the only reason I even do this amount is, I walk in with $500 bags and they hand me the cash. I refuse to use a counter as it's just a ripoff plain and simple. I'm not talking fees; I mean shorting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread