Loose bag from bank........................... .

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Thought he was awful eager to sell it to me, was right too as it was a total Skunker of an $800 loose Bag of Halves, even lost .50 as one was a John Adams gold colored coin that is not currency.

But did go pay property taxes (803) in Halves, certain banks in area are authorized to take Tax payments, two of them refused the coin payment the third took it.

But for a bank last week that allowed me to buy bag off their Coinstar machine 2010 so far would be pathetic, that bad yielded 278.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, gold colored coin is a U.S. dollar. You made 50 cents.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
skelly9131 said:
I thought the Coin Star machines rejected the silver coins???
Machines in the banks aren't coinstars. At least mine aren't anyway. They separate and count by size.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
enamel7 said:

No it is NOT a $ coin; it says on the reverse "THE DIARIST - Son of the second president and minister to various foreign countries secretary of state after presidency became anti-slavery leader in Congress - OLD MAN ELOQUENT" (the bold above is around the border, rest in center text)

If memory is correct he was Ambassador to France at age 14 an amazing feat, doubt any of our day could or would have the knowledge base to do the same.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah said:
enamel7 said:

No it is NOT a $ coin; it says on the reverse "THE DIARIST - Son of the second president and minister to various foreign countries secretary of state after presidency became anti-slavery leader in Congress - OLD MAN ELOQUENT" (the bold above is around the border, rest in center text)

If memory is correct he was Ambassador to France at age 14 an amazing feat, doubt any of our day could or would have the knowledge base to do the same.
My bad. that's what I get for assuming.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
enamel7 said:
skelly9131 said:
I thought the Coin Star machines rejected the silver coins???
Machines in the banks aren't coinstars. At least mine aren't anyway. They separate and count by size.
Doubt they are actually Coin Star, just used that term for lack of one to call them- guess Bank coin machine would be more accurate.

Did find a number of Banks that have them but NOT where the public or even customers can use them themselves, they are all behind the counter for Tellers to use for customer.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten a few of those presidential tokens, and I've hung on to them in my junk bag. I doubt that they're worth what the seller is asking for. I don't have a JQA though. I think I've gotten Buchanan, Fillmore, and maybe Tyler. I'd have to check.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
obediah said:
enamel7 said:

Can I see a picture, I've never seen anything like that.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
jdsarasin8194 said:
obediah said:
enamel7 said:

Can I see a picture, I've never seen anything like that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-QUINCY-ADA...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ef623eed

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a bunch of those President tokens and they dont sell worth a crap on E-Bay. I bought a cigar box full of tokens at a Antique Auction a few years ago for 10 bucks, it had assorted tokens, I did quite well with it, but the President ones were the bad bombs. I will try to put my link on here from the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200412513224

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread