First two weeks of hunter..ever

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
Well, I am new to this site, and new to coin roll hunting and metal detecting. While I was waiting for my detector (White's Prism III), I decided to hunt some coin. Here is what I found. Is this pretty normal?

Pennies..I got $40 total, and got..
1929-s
2 1945
1945-s
1956-d
1957-d
And filled up my book nicely.

Nickels I got $50 of those. They previously did not interest me much until I read some posts about war nickels.
I found 1 War Nickel
1944-p
also a 1940,1941 and other assorted, filling up about a third of my 1938-1961 book.

Dimes-No mercs(which I love, probably my favorite coin design), but did find two silver 1959 in awesome shape, and 1962. Both rims are excellent and the detail is very clean and sharp.

Quarters- I didn't buy any. Mostly due to the low reports of silver. Also, being in Vegas, I think that quarters turn over quick here, and that silver really sticks out in the quarter.

Halves-After about 4 different banks tried several times in the last couple of weeks I was only able to buy 2 rolls! No silver. But I did find some bicentennials. Is it true that they are 40% silver? Values I have seen doesn't seem to reflect it in the magazines and web-sites.

I plan on doing more. Seems like the searching is a little calming for me and occupies my mind at the end of a long day. Hope to have more to share, and can't wait to get out with my MD next week.

Thanks for listening! :-X

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bicentennial halves are just like other halves but with a different design. They did make some S mint proofs with 40% silver, though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread