HALVE HUNT SECOND DAY IN A ROW WITH GREAT RESULTS

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I had an appointment today and I thought to myself let me try getting some halves at different banks that I have never been to before.? So after the appointment I started hitting the banks, struck out at 4 banks in a row, no halves to be found.? Finally, the fifth bank I asked to purchase rolled halves.? The teller had $30.00 in her drawer and then I asked her if there were any more in the vault.? Well, I'm glad I asked, the bank had $240.00 more.

So I'm placing the rolls into my box and I noticed two of the wrappers had writing on them.? One marked (Franklin) and the other (18 Liberty, 2 Franklin).? ? I thought maybe I hit the motherload of halves, but when I looked in the rolls they were regular halves.? :P? Either the person took them out before taking them to the bank or a teller bought them and the paper rolls were reused at a later date.? ?

But I still had great results, I ended today with 23 (40% silver) halves!? ?Now I do have a lot of good luck/fortune in my life but two days in a row is a blessing!? I've never had better results than this.? So my new strategy is to carry a lot of money with me at all times, and when? traveling to a different city or area not near me I will stop at each bank(time allowed) and buy all of the halves.? In the beginning of searching rolled coins I felt a bit odd asking the banks if I could buy large amounts of coins.? Now I don't hesitate to ask any questions, and I feel very comfortable with it.? Also most of the tellers are very happy to clear out their drawers and vaults.? The teller today said thank you, you cleard out my vault.? ?I feel like calling her and telling her any time she gets rolled halves to give me a call, I'll clear them all out for her.? ;D

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like another great day for you! Congrats on your finds! Keep it up... and then send your silver over here to Indiana for me to find ;)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Penny, keep it up and you can upgrade your detector before you even get to use it much. LOL WTG! The wrapper deal sucked big time, but lots of luck on the next batch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread