$8 in pennies on a snowbound day in upstate ny!

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Well ya did better than I did. Only I went through 5000 & only found 4 wheat's. I got the bag from a credit union that has a coin counter, I was hoping that some of their older members might have brought in some of their old jars full of change. No such luck. I do better with a box from the bank with an average of 12 per box.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are both doing better than me. I've only recently started, but I have found a grand total of 12 wheats in 6 boxes ($150)

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends,
It won't be long until the coppers will be as hard to find as wheaties.
I can remember in the 60's you could find wheaties all of the time.
Also silver was plentiful.

Looking back and applying what I saw then compared to now, coppers are the next "wish I'd known then..."

Scott

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K said:
Friends,
It won't be long until the coppers will be as hard to find as wheaties.
I can remember in the 60's you could find wheaties all of the time.
Also silver was plentiful.

Looking back and applying what I saw then compared to now, coppers are the next "wish I'd known then..."

Scott

Why I am pulling and keeping all that I sort. Percents around here are ~20% so every box I do nets me close to 500 coppers. A copper cent melt is double face currently.

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Here I find a lot of pre 82 but have not started to save them yet. I keep 70s, & a few others that I think might net a profit in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread