susan b anthony gold colored one dollar coins

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Well if they are gold colored, they didn't come from the mint that way. Probably electroplated with a thin layer of gold. And no, they aren't worth more than a buck, unless you choose to spend more.... ;D.

The gold colored Sac's are worth a buck, anywhere.

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I agree with Jeffro.

I think it is highly unlikely you have a mint error. The SBA dollars were minted in '79, '80, '81 and again in '99. The Sac dollars started production in '00. It is not likely a Sac planchet could have made it in the bin during SBA production. (Sure, they existed in '99 for test strikes but they were carefully accounted for.)

The two coins weigh the same but they are composed of different materials. If you really think you have an error coin you could ask a reputable coin dealer to look at it or send it to ANACS or a grading service to authenticate it ($$$).

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Are you saying you have a gold colored susan b anthony?
Or are you asking if Susan B. Anthony coins are worth more than the new "golden" dollar coins?

If you have a mint error like that, then yes it's definately worth something.
If you're asking if a Susan B. Anthony coin or the golden coin is worth more than a buck, you're out of luck. Unless some mint error occured, they're worth $1 each.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

There is an error when the Susan B Anthony dollar was stamped on a Sacajawea Golden Dollar. It happened in 1999-2000 it is likely they will be found in 2000 D Sacajawea golden dollar rolls. The error goes the other way around too! I will give you $10.00 for it!

Don't forget about The Wide Rim (Near Date) Type Susan B Anthony dollar is worth a lot.? $12.00- $190.00 You can see one on my auctions in ebay click the link at.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,23585.0.html

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread