Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings heavy metal fans ! Went on a short road trip yesterday , bought 3 boxes of halves
which yielded a modest 10 40% silvers. On a whim I went to a credit union across the street
from where I bought the boxes and asked for any rolls they might have . The two rolls were
dreamy --- roll one had 14 40% and 3 90% (64's) , roll two contained 8 40% and 1 90% ,
also a 64. Returned to my town and picked up another two boxes ... box one = 1 40% ---
box two = 3 walkers , and my first British large penny -1915 - I then hit another bank for
over the counter rolls and copped two more 90% (64's) . A very entertaining day for sure,
I'm beginning to see a pattern - for the numbers searched , the percentage of silver harvested
is bigger in over the counter rolls than from boxes, clearly the two dream rolls skewed the
numbers in this case , but looking back on the last several months experiences , I believe this
to be the case . I will from this day forward keep a list comparing box yield with over the
counter yield - I welcome your insights . Argentium.

Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I got to get hitting the banks on those few days I have off (when the banks are open, that is). Congrat!
apush

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice. That's exactly what I have discovered, that the finds over the counter exceed the boxed finds. ffd

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
customer rolls were hot for me last month, this month I've hit a little slump though

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Have had some impressive over the counter customer roll finds but none, well one has been a little more than 1/2 (419 %40's) our bestest single day Box order find in 19 of 20 Boxes last year we found 758 Silvers, 338 were %90's too, so even that on Silver ounces is really less than half best Box find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread