timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a nice haul for pennies. over 600 pre 82 pennies, 12 wheaties. Also had 31 pre 82 canadian pennies, one of em was a 1941, in great shape. I haven't done pennies in a while. Usually don't find this many wheaties in 15 dollars worth though, not a bad search.
I also did some dimes, $50 worth, I got 2 silver canadians. both 1968 %50 silver, not bad.
I was also fooled by a lot of new canadian dimes. I only keep the older ones, unless I need them for the collection.
happy hunting all!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it wasn't bad. I do get way more excited hunting halves though. Nice to switch it up now and then.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did 20 rolls of pennies today and only found 2 wheats. There were 262 copper memorials out of 1000 pennies total. So you did WAY better than I did. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only thing I really like about pennies is you know there is a lot of copper to be found, u never get skunked

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timbobwey said:
the only thing I really like about pennies is you know there is a lot of copper to be found, u never get skunked

That and the fact that they are pretty easy to get and dispose of. People don't look at you like you're crazy when you ask for a box of pennies. But when you ask about halves they treat you like you are from mars.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Awesome % !
My 300 rolls only yielded 42 wheats and a little over 3,300 coppers.
Were they CWR's?

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, they were customer rolls. I love customer rolls, I always seem to have better luck with them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread