New England trip

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went up to visit some friends in new Hampshire last week. Couldn't resist stopping at a few banks to see what I could find. Went through about 400$ in hand rolls and ended up with a total of 57 coins 36 40% and 21 90%. One bank had three rolls two of which turned out to be dream rolls one solid 40% the other solid 90%. One of the 90% coins was a 1918 Walker. This is the oldest Walker I've found to date. Most of the Walkers I've found in the past are so worn that you can hardly read the date on them. This one is in very good condition not a lot of wear that I can see. Very dirty but a nice looking coin otherwise. Figured it would be more valuable to a collector rather than for melt. Should I attempt to clean it all? If so with what?

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont clean it, period.

craigpcdmc

Feb 3, 2010
IF you NEED to clean it, use PLAIN water and a microfiber or cotton cloth. This will remove dirt yet not remove the natural tone of the coin. Make sure you dry it with the microfiber cloth or cotton cloth as well. DON'T rub too hard or you will wear it down. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread