Road Trip. No pain no gain.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Had a chance to check out future kayaking waters for the coming spring and decided to hit the banks in 2 very small towns i was passing through. First town of 3 banks gave up about 30$ in loose coins and 80$ in hand wrapped. I thought this might be really good when i check them out later at home. 2nd town had only 2 banks in it. First bank had $400.00 in hand wrapped, the teller said "they all look like the same person wrapped um." Of course i thought uhoh, but took them anyway. 2nd bank also had $400.00 in hand wrapped, the teller here said " yeah we got a guy who drops off a bunch every couple weeks." Again i thought uhoh, but at least if i get them i can rule the bank out if its indeed someones dump town.

Well i get home and get to it. The 30$ in loose and 80$ in random hand wrapped produced a few 40%. I was disappointed a little because my mind had gone ahead and put all my eggs into one basket and left no hope for the $800.00 in probable dumps. I decided to check out the 2nd box of $400.00 first in hopes they were at least in different wrappers from the first box, newp. Arrggg what was i thinking. Anyway i decided no pain no gain and started to unwrapping. Did find a few nifc's but once i got past the first 2 rows of rolls i saw the bottom row that was hidden from the top rows. There was 3 handwrapped rolls that looked nothing like the dump rolls. I know we have seen rewraps before but this at least gave me some hope so i put them off to the side and started on box of dumps #2. This time i emptied the entire box and could not believe it. 2nd box from a different bank and on the bottom row there were again 3 worn completely different wrapped rolls all though they looked identical to the 3 odd balls in the previous box. Well now curiosity grabbed hold of me and i had to check these 6 odd rolls out. First one 1 40% and 1 90%, 2nd roll 2 90% and 3 40%, 3rd roll 20 40% my first ever solid roll all these were from 1 box. Thought no way could an identical box from a different bank be similar, sooo first roll 9 40% , 2nd roll 8 40%, and 3rd roll another solid 40% except for one lone 1974 who got lost.

So total tally is 6 nifcs, 63x 40%, and 3 x 90%. I know stranger things will happen but this was a strange day. I can totally see 1 person dropping off dumps at 2 different banks across the street from each other, but how 2 different banks, with 2 different boxes of the exact same number of rolls both end up with 3 odd rolls with such similar silver counts in them i will never understand. Luckily my brain can only think so long before shutting down. Goodluck out there.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread