Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
You can't get a hit without stepping up to the plate. If you get 2 boxes full of newish halves,have some fun with them and then dump the rest. No harm, no foul. WE have all gotten skunks, it is part of the game. But Good Luck with the boxes,that's a huge commitment to this game. HH
JP

OP
OP
Maryland Searcher 2

Maryland Searcher 2

Feb 8, 2009
Baltimore County Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks coolpix.
I just had the thought after the fact.
If I had ordered dollars, I figured I would either get Sac's or better possibility of the new "golden" dollars and neither are my cup of tea (beer, soda, coffe or whatever you all drink, LOL!).
I would rather order dimes or pennies than go through roll after roll of the small dollars simply because there is no silver in them and I LOVE silver, heh heh!

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Yep, it is the luck of the draw. You never know when you will hit Hi Ho Silver!!!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maryland Searcher 2 said:
I was just wondering if ordering two boxes from the bank was a mistake. They said they would order them and they would be here next Wednesday, but I got to thinking I may get all new from the order.
Anyone else buy halves by the box and if so how has your luck been???

Thanks for any input to a new "mass quantity" searcher.

All the time. You win every once in a while, you lose a lot. Part of the game. Just have a plan to get rid of them.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
No mistatke just like there could be two skunk boxes could easily be 2 dream boxes sitting next to each other on the pallet. I get 1 box/day and I can tell when boxes have come off close to each other. They will have similar markings, clumps of silver or other features. My boxes yesterday and today were sprinkled with about 5 each of halves from the 70's that looked like they were in a fire. They probably hung together, after being dumped at a bank and run through the Brinks process. Since these boxes were part of the same order, I may see some tommorrow.

Good Luck! :icon_thumright:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
It is always hit or miss but if you are a beginner you could be in the luck zone.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
Maryland Searcher 2

Maryland Searcher 2

Feb 8, 2009
Baltimore County Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Actually, no.
I ordered two boxes of halves INSTEAD of ordering dollar coins. Cut my cost by half and knowing my area, dollar coins would be the newer ones more than likely. First time I ordered boxes so I figured I would cut my losses by getting halves but second guessed myself.

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get 2 boxes per week (1k) of halves. first few were good...then many skunks, but recently buisiness is picking up. Silver in every box lately.

Its hard for me to find loose halves as there are not many around here.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Well, in that case, you did the right thing. There will be no silver to be found with the dollar coins. Large dollars are not boxed. The most you could hope for is a missing edge lettering gold presidential dollar or some AU wide-rim SBA. At least with halves, you can cull the silver. Discovering a box of new halves is very rare. For some, stumbling upon silver in boxes is even rarer. :laughing7: At least, you can expect some variety to search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread