Turning in bank bags

Rakattack

Feb 9, 2010
SJ, CA
I just wanted to know if it's rare to have a bank allow you to turn in bank bags without charge. I have ONE bank here that allows me to turn in bank bags for FREE. I have used them twice for bank bags, once for a box of halves and once for when I had over $140 in pennies after procrastinating about rolling them. They even let me use two bags because I had too many pennies :hello2:. They seem to be really happy about taking my coins and don't seem to mind. Should I take advantage of this or should I use the bank bags sparingly? Thanks for the responses in advance.

Upvote 0

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
Well, There is definitely something called "to much of a good thing" I don't know how much you go through but I would not abuse the bank and make them a main dump. It is a good bank but if you read other posts you will see that these banks can eventually turn and start charging [INSERT F-WORD HERE]. If you don't go through that much, then dump there 1-2 times a month.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
One of my dump banks loves getting my coins because they have their own rolling machine and do not have to buy from suppliers. Several banks here charge 5% to take coins from non-customers, but this bank takes from everybody.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say thanks, be cheery, and buy the girls chocolates.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rakattack said:
I just wanted to know if it's rare to have a bank allow you to turn in bank bags without charge.
are you talking about the canvas bags or the plastic bags.

A bank I know always sells me bags of coins the bags are canvas, they do not expect them back. I keep them and when I get a bunch I sell them for about $1 each.

Wells Fargo gives me 3-4 plastic, sealable, coin bags whenever I ask. I use them to return coins to them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread