ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first 2 half boxes (ever) were skunks. 4 more came in today. Netted one lone 40% ('67) - from the very last roll of the very last box. Did also find 2 NIFCs ('09P,'09D). Very disappointing start to say the least. 6 boxes - 1 40%. Oh well, could be worse I suppose. Gonna give it a few more weeks. If my average doesn't pick up, I think I will switch it up and do a few dimes, nickels, and pennies for a couple of months, then switch back to halves and see if things have improved. Hope everyone else is doing better! HH!

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
ArkieBassMan said:
My first 2 half boxes (ever) were skunks. 4 more came in today. Netted one lone 40% ('67) - from the very last roll of the very last box. Did also find 2 NIFCs ('09P,'09D). Very disappointing start to say the least. 6 boxes - 1 40%. Oh well, could be worse I suppose. Gonna give it a few more weeks. If my average doesn't pick up, I think I will switch it up and do a few dimes, nickels, and pennies for a couple of months, then switch back to halves and see if things have improved. Hope everyone else is doing better! HH!

Ay, today I picked up some of my dumps that had dumped at another Bank I use at a bank I check weekly for halves- it appears someone picked them up saw they were someone elses dumps and just dumped them in another Bank- so I gott'em back.

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
obediah said:
ArkieBassMan said:

Ay, today I picked up some of my dumps that had dumped at another Bank I use at a bank I check weekly for halves- it appears someone picked them up saw they were someone elses dumps and just dumped them in another Bank- so I gott'em back.

That sucks. Today I opened my first box and it had 5 or six rolls that didn't match. Turns out the coin rolling company just stuck back in a new box without rerolling them . They had been slit down the side, rim searched and taped shut. I see these all the time, never in a sealed box.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Yeah, I used to get coins that way too sometimes with brinks boxes out here. I switched banks so boxes I get aren't tampered anymore.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
if my first 6 boxes produced one 40% I would have quit... I would just switch to dimes if you get more skunks, dimes could be good and look normal when dumping so it is good both ways

OP
OP
A

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunno about dimes either. I picked up a box here and there while I was looking around for banks that would order halves, dump banks, etc. My last 5 dime boxes have been skunks as well. I have done 7 dime boxes total and found 3 silver Rosies...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread