So which is worse?

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Finding a keeper in the last roll is like a saving grace for that box, but finding a keeper in the first roll and then nothing in the next 49 rolls is a major let-down. That's my view at least. But either way you come out the same.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
One in the first roll is worse. The only thing more annoying is seeing an ender, making it your first roll, and thats all you find.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
finding one in the first roll and then nothing else, is worse in my veiw. -- because builds false hopes of it being a good box --finding one in the last roll is " skunk" save , a minor blessing .

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I agree and been there done that. Finding 1 in the first roll is rough.

But it beats a stick in the eye.

Mojo

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
If I found a "single coin" in the first or last roll of any roll I'd wonder where the other 19 went! :laughing9:

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One in the first roll; you get your hopes up thinking there will be more only to find out you were wrong.

-Codes

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I would have to agree that finding it in the last roll saves you from the smell of the SKUNK!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Reminds of when I randomly picked out a roll from a box to pay for food at Taco Bell. There was a 64 in there and so I thought it was going to be a good box. Man, was I wrong.. that was the only keeper in the box. I just thought what were the odds? 1 out of 50 chance of picking the roll with the keeper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread