Diming

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
With halves producing rather poorly the last several months, I've extended my CRHing to dimes and nickels as well; to help complete those denomination's Whitmans.

With dimes though, I don't think I've ever found a single keeper in the plastic sleeve rolls; only the paper machine rolls. It's almost as though employees at the coin rolling companies are checking the plastic sleeves before they're boxed (conspiracy theorist that I am 8) ) I'm finding a fair amount of keeper dimes of late, but they are all from paper machine rolls.

Anyone else experiencing the same results ?

Upvote 0

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
I have managed to average about 1 roosie per box of clear wrapped machine rolled dimes. I have only gone through about 10 boxes though, so my average could be quite skewed in the long haul. 3 of the 10 were skunks, but one of the boxes had 3 roosies tucked away in it. I have yet to find the paper machine wrapped rolls in my area. Hope this helps.

KEverett

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sadness overcomes me when I receive clear wrapped dimes. Paper wrapped, on the other hand, ROCK So far this year, my average is 1 per $125, and 1 skunker out of 25 boxes. ffd

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I did a box of clear wrapped tonight and another $250.00 in customer hand wrapped. I was stoked on the customer wraps due to being from a one bank town, 7 different types of handwrapped rolls, very worn looking and lots of tape. Usually do great on those. Of course i get skunked on the customer roles, and the clear machine wraps produce 4 keeper rosies. Go figure.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
thurm, Great idea to branch out. Halves will still be there later but getting some dimes can be a good change. Nickels are a little more time consuming because it is for me harder to spot the war nickels etc. You should have some better luck but do higher quantities.

golden silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread