Silver spot at almost $10 right now!!!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is very exciting! These are prices we haven't seen in a generation and there's no telling what the ceiling is. For the first time I dabbled in gold last fall and that's turning out to be a good move too.

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Welcome to the future. Its down to around 11 bucks and thats low.

-CC

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Would LOVE to see it over $15/oz. again! I'm selling my 40% halves and using the money to buy a HUGE 5' safe for my office...Some day my goal is to have a walk-in vault! (with a TV of course) ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes 10 buck jan of 2006 --vs 30 buck jan of 2011 ? silver has nearly tripled in value in a mere 5 years / gold has also greatly increased in value as well -- while the dollars exchange rate against foreign money has steadily shrank during those same 5 years --not a mere random happening folks. wake up .

currently a half dollar of 90% silver is worth $10.63 * more than the $10 per oz 999 pure spot silver price of just 5 years ago.

usatc

Nov 28, 2008
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really wish silver was worth less than $10 an ounce. I started getting back into CRH purely for the fun of finding "treasure". However with the price of silver going up so much it is increasing the number of people who are drawn to the hobby for financial gains/all the news about silver going up. I'd just like to keep finding keepers for the thrill of keeping them vs. competing with a bunch of people looking to find and resell them for scrap.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
usatc said:
I really wish silver was worth less than $10 an ounce. I started getting back into CRH purely for the fun of finding "treasure". However with the price of silver going up so much it is increasing the number of people who are drawn to the hobby for financial gains/all the news about silver going up. I'd just like to keep finding keepers for the thrill of keeping them vs. competing with a bunch of people looking to find and resell them for scrap.
You really believe they are going to scrap? Not me. Coin is just changing hands.

usatc

Nov 28, 2008
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well maybe not the majority, but alot of people do seem to be intent on selling theirs to the dealers. I guess the simplest complaint I have is all the news about silver hitting new highs is drawing unwanted attention to our little hobby.

bag and drag

Jan 20, 2009
silver coins, both 90&40%ers are no longer being melted anymore for the simple fact that is more profitable to trade in coins for thier AG content versus melting down to refine.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Man, the headline scared me briefly.. told my mom to buy some silver eagles and she did. She got them a couple weeks ago at $27.60 spot + $3.00 (silver eagle markup) = $30.60 each.

I would feel really bad if Ag took a huge drop in one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread