timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called my bank yesterday while I was out and about, asked if they had any halves. They said no, I asked them to get me $150 in dimes ready, and $20 in nickels. They said no problem, and I was on my way. When I got there like 10 minutes later, they said they did have $30 in rolled halves, and 9.50 in loose halves. I said I would take them all. When they got the loose halves ready, I could hear the teller getting them ready, and counting them from across the bank. For the first time I actually heard silver hitting and I knew right away. The teller came over and said "looks like a 67 and a 68 are in there. I saw them as she slid them toward me. I haven't looked through any of the rolls yet, haven't had time. But I hope whoever brought in the loose coin is the same person who brought the rolls in, wish me luck! Maybe I'll get lucky with the dimes and nickels too, we'll see.
good luck all!

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Re: I could hear the silver

Did not have time???? ??? Man if you wrote this message and did not search those rolls first, you must have some power that I do not.

golden silver

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am writing from work, sometimes while I'm working I'll have a minute to check the post. Yesterday I was helping a friend move into his new house, and I got a chance to stop at the bank real quick. After that I was moving stuff all day, so I had no time to search the rolls. The suspense is getting to me, when I get home it's on!!

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

I'd a dumped as was drivin home to at least to see how good they is gonna be!

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

See this is where superstition comes into play for me. On one hand if you want it to badly karma will strike and those rolls will have no silver, BUT i always feel like if i give those coins a chance to change their minds while in the roll i might miss my opportunity haha. Goodluck to ya.

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I always like the suspense of waiting, especially after I've already found some silver. Hopefully there will be more, I'll let you all know later tonight.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice find and ear on the 67 and 68 Tim. I have picked up a few loose 40 percenters out of the tellers tray and I heard the silver clanging before I saw it. One bank lady had 4 loose halves and sold me two and said the other two were hers, a silver hoarder, why the nerve of her, lol.

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First let me say thanks Dave.
Ok, I went through the rolls, and did pretty good.
pre 60 nickels- 8
rosies- 2 (64, 62D)
halves- 3(69D, 68D, 67 ) -plus the 2 from the loose change I found yesterday

so I think I did well for the amount I searched, I'm glad they told me they had halves when I got there. The 62 rosie is also not in my collection yet, so I filled a hole and more for the stash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread