Exclusive club?

Rakattack

Feb 9, 2010
SJ, CA
Nothing special like gold in rolls of pennies or anything like that, but I did get a normal dime in a clear shrink wrap roll of pennies. I think they are from Brinks. Anyway, it was just a clad dime that was gummed up about 1/10-1/8 in on the obverse. I used a zinc to scratch off the gum and inside there was some yellow stuff that was covered by white and then with black. It came off pretty easily though :laughing9: I didn't even realize it was there until it came out. Anyone else ever find a dime in a BANK wrapped roll?

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, happens from time to time. +9 cents for you!

OP
OP
R

Rakattack

Feb 9, 2010
SJ, CA
Wow that was a fast response AG :laughing9: darn, I thought I had just been self-inducted to an exclusive club :laughing7:

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
I have 7 dimes that I found in penny rolls. They're not uncommon, but they're not common either.

cecropia_moth

Feb 10, 2010
I oftentimes find a few dimes in $50 bags of pennies I purchase from a bank off their coin counter. I have never found a dime in a machine wrapped penny roll though. Those dark dimes which look like they went through a fire sometimes get found by those that have access to customer wrapped rolls.

Jeff

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
My best bank rolled penny box for dimes was 13 dimes. Many have zero, but when the machine gets off, it stays off until they recalibrate it, and so I got 13 dimes in one box once.

Lots of times i"ll get 2 or 3 dimes in a box.

It makes up for the nickels I get in quarter rolls (Mostly customer rolls on those though)

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I don't usually do dimes, but weely I get quarters, nickels and dollars mixed in half rolls. Sometimes they are extras, sometimes I'm shorted.

Joad

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a dime in a handroll of pennies this weekend... It was dark, like a penny so easily mistaken for one...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions